124 Beaverdale Lane, Ottawa, ON, K2P 3M5
Res. (613) 238-9728 firstname.lastname@example.org Cel. (514) 605-4391
To obtain employment for the summer of 20xx. I would welcome a rewarding and challenging job that not only involves my current skills, but will hopefully help me acquire some new ones.
McGill University, Montreal, QC (Bachelor of Education) (20xx-20xx).
Woodroffe High School, Ottawa, ON (French Immersion certificate) (19xx-20xx).
– Support Worker Training, H&A Gold Centre for Developmental Disabilities, Montreal (20xx).
– Student Teacher, LaSalle Catholic Secondary School, Montreal (20xx).
– Student Teacher, James Lyng Secondary School, Montreal (20xx).
– Senior Camp Counselor, Pinecrest Day Camp, City of Ottawa (20xx, 20xx).
– Swim Instructor at Red Pine Camp, Golden Lake, Ontario (20xx).
– Assistant Coach, school track and field team (20xx).
Communication and Co-Operative Skills:
– Casual Facilities Staff, McGill Athletics, Montreal (20xx).
– Hostess, at Claire de Lune Restaurant, Ottawa (20xx).
– Cashier and answered phones at Parti Pizza, Ottawa (20xx).
– Waitress at Red Pine Camp, Golden Lake, Ontario (20xx).
– Sales Clerk at Tommy & Lefebvre Sporting Goods, Ottawa (20xx-20xx).
Recent Honors / Achievements:
– Academic Honour Roll: Sir Robert Borden Secondary School (19xx-20xx).
– Piano: Grade Five Royal Conservatory, 1st Class Honours (Distinction) (20xx).
– Track and Field: 1st place, Girls Steeplechase, National Capital Track Meet, Ottawa (20xx).
– One-on-one work with mentally delayed adults, McGill Best Buddies Program, (20xx-20xx).
– One-on-one work with mentally delayed teens, Interaction Program, City of Ottawa (20xx-20xx).
– Volunteer staff, Doctors without Borders, Simulated Refugee Camp (20xx).
– Team member, 24-hour Relay for Cancer (20xx).
– Assisted in Cancer Fund Raiser, Sir Robert Borden High School (20xx).
– Participated in National Capital Run for Cancer (5k, 10k) (20xx-20xx).
References: Excellent references available upon request.
15 Carlosa Ave., Ottawa
Ontario, Canada, K5G 0Y9
(xxx) 825-5876 — email@example.com
September 21, 19xx, St. John’s, Newfoundland, Canada.
Public School: Briargreen P.S., Ottawa, 1990 to 1998.
Middle School: Greenbank M.S., Ottawa, 1999 to 2000 (French immersion).
Secondary School: Sir Robert Borden S.S., Ottawa, 2000 to 2004 (French immersion).
Child Care: Have been babysitting children of all ages on a regular basis since 1999 in both the Ottawa and Montreal areas. Travel: Have traveled internationally on a regular basis since I was an infant. Since 1998 I have journeyed unescorted each summer to and from India to visit relatives. Regularly travel unescorted by bus on weekends to/from Montreal to visit my Father.
Study Trip: In February 2003, participated with two teachers and 15 classmates in an eight-day “eco-excursion” to the tropical island, Belize.
Business: Since 1999 I have assisted my Father with various aspects of his business in Montreal, including marketing, bookkeeping, and financial management activities.
Retail: In 2000 and 2001, I worked as a sales representative for Tommy & Lefebvre Ltd., a local sporting goods and equipment store.
Volunteering: Two years as Camp Counselor for three weeks at Pinecrest Sports Day Camp (Ottawa) working with children from 4-years to 12-years old.
Public Speaking Award: Briargreen P.S., 1999.
Graduating Class Valedictorian: Briargreen P.S., 1999.
Piano: Grade Four Royal Conservatory, 2000, 2003.
Track and Field: Competed successfully in preliminary meets and qualified for the Eastern Ontario finals.
Academic Honor Roll: Sir Robert Borden S.S., 2000-01, 2001-02, 2002-03. INTERESTS:
Long-distance running, playing piano, roller-blading, travelling, creative writing, reading, viewing films.
English is my first language. Am functional in speaking, reading, and writing French.